Ten reasons to join
2013 Club membership:
General information regarding the membership registration and forms for 2013:
1. Please only use the 2013 form, as the format has changed. (download here)
2. Open the 2013 document and save it as "Your initials and surname". The form is a 97-2003 Excel workbook, so everyone and open and use it. Please do not save the form as a later version of Excel, as it will tamper with information that is hidden.
3. Please use a separate form for each Irene member and do not copy different tabs into one sheet. There are hidden formulas that we use to import data onto a master sheet and information on additional tabs cannot be used. Use one character per block and only complete the grey areas on the sheet.
4. Pay the required club fees via EFT or direct cash deposit. Banking details: Standard Bank Account Name: Irene Road Running Club Account Number: 032183186 Branch Number: 012645 Reference to use: Initial and Surname Fee Structure from 1 January 2013 to 2 June 2013: Social members: R 300.00 Family Members: R 400.00 Full members: R 500.00 Juniors: R 250.00 Please note that membership fees are reduced after Comrades (on 2 June 2013) and you need to contact the Admin Manager for the reduced fees at: Admin@Irenerunner.co.za, if you would like to join the club after 2 June 2013.
5. Continue to complete the registration form(s) and email the saved Excel workbook AND the proof of payment together in one email to: Admin@Irenerunner.co.za. Please do not scan in forms – we cannot use scanned versions. We receive hundreds of emails, so please submit the proof of payment and the registration form together in one email. You can pay all the family members with one payment, but then include all the registrations forms in the same email, please. Please email the proof of payment to yourself first and then attach it to the email that includes your registration form(s).
6. We will confirm receipt of your email and let you know when you can collect your registration parcel. You will receive an entrance disk, a 2013 Irene booklet, your licence number, timing chip and receipt in the registration parcel. No more t-shirts – instead your will receive the timing chip.
7. If you submit your registration form and proof of payment by the Thursday of any week, you can normally collect the registration parcel the following Tuesday at the clubhouse between 17h00 and 19h00, but this will be confirmed in your return email from the club.
8. Tuesdays between 17h00 and 19h00 is the only collection times for registrations parcels and we cannot bring any parcels to races etc. – no exceptions! You may send someone else to collect their parcel on your behalf, but you must give them a permission letter to do so. If you cannot collect your parcel, we will keep any uncollected parcels and you can simply pick it up on any Tuesday as stated above.
9. The club clothes are not included in the membership fee, but can be bought from The Running Inn Shop at the clubhouse on Tuesdays between 17h00 and 19h00.
Contact the Running Inn regarding any questions about the clothing at: 012 3627322.
Any questions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership fees (unchanged from 2012)
These fees include the 2013 AGN license, name tag and one windscreen disc. additional discs are available at R5.00 each.
How do I register?
Step 1... Completing a registration form for each member you wish to register in Excel (will soon be uploaded);
Step 2... Send the registration form (in Excel, not scanned) to email@example.com, before Tuesdays and collect your registration pack the following Tuesday at the club house between 17 and 19h00;
Step 3... Do an electronic payment / direct deposit and send proof to firstname.lastname@example.org;
Step 4... 4. Collect your registration pack at the clubhouse
Frequently asked questions:
Is my club clothes included in the membership fees?
No, but you can buy the club clothes at the Running Inn shop in the clubhouse between 17h00 and 19h00. The club outsources the clothing to the Running Inn and you would therefore have to pay them directly. They have card facilities.
Can I pay my membership fees in cash?
The club only accepts electronic payments and cash that is directly paid into the club account. Please assist us in not handling any cash – it costs money and is VERY dangerous!
When can I collect my licence number?
Please complete the registration form and send it on / before Tuesdays to: email@example.com and collect your registration pack the following Tuesday from 17h00 – 19h00 at the clubhouse.
I want to get started / follow the Comrades program / need assistance with my running / walking:
Please contact the club captain. Her details are under the "Committee" section on the Irene website. Also look out for information in the weekly newsletter.
I want to know more about Irene:
There will be general information sessions at the club during the first months of 2013. The dates will be announced in the weekly newsletter and on the website.